Kids Eat Free is a program in which Sierra Vista UMC has participated since the summer of 2010. It fills a nutritional need for school-age children and their families during the summer break, when nourishing lunches are no longer available in schools.
- Meals are served take-away style and are distributed in the parking lot of Alta Loma Elementary.
- Elementary School neighborhood, to families whose children attend Alta Loma.
- Meals are served Monday through Friday for 6 weeks, beginning after July 4.
- 5 cooking teams prepare balanced meals which include protein, fruits and vegetables, milk, dessert.
- Meals are prepared at our church and then taken to the meal site for serving.
- Teams gather to pray together before families arrive.
- Families are warmly greeted, and relationships are formed over time. Parents and children alike respond well to the friendly atmosphere.
- Sierra Vista members, visitors, and grant monies funded all meals.
- We’re always looking for volunteers. We have fun cooking and serving; maybe this is your niche!
For more information, contact KEF, Stephanie Tankersley at email@example.com.