Overview: The Director will provide spiritual and musical leadership for the adult praise band that plays for the weekly 5:30pm Saturday non-traditional worship service. This position requires planning and executing all musical components of worship including, but not limited to the following: selection and arranging of music with input from the preaching pastor, recruiting and training volunteers for the Praise band, assisting in the weekly planning process and working collaboratively in a team setting, being available for planning and participating in special worship services (ie: Advent/Christmas season, Easter, etc.).
This is a (part-time) position that reports to the Pastor overseeing the Saturday service.
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/ or ability required.
- Be a committed follower of Jesus Christ, seeking to know, love and serve God.
- Exemplify the church’s values and uphold the staff policies.
- Have a servant’s heart as an artist and a missional drive toward building community.
- Understand and support the church’s mission, vision and journey including the theology and traditions of the United Methodist Church with a passion for connecting people to Christ using music and worship.
- Experience with leading music teams for worship services.
- Experience in performing, training, and directing an eclectic group of musicians in a variety of musical genres and skill levels.
- Show knowledge of modern worship music, traditional hymns, and secular songs appropriate for a worship setting.
- Be able to relate to and lead a multi-generational congregation in worship.
- Understand how to see and communicate the “big picture” of the worship experience and organize the details.
- Have excellent oral communication skills.
- Have a high level of initiative, motivation and enthusiasm.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
- Select and arrange music with input from the preaching pastor.
- Coordinate and schedule the volunteer praise team members.
- Attend worship planning meetings.
- Work closely with audio visual staff and team for quality worship experience.
Interested candidates should send resumes and cover letters to email@example.com.